Voting Absentee

Voting Absentee As a U.S. citizen living abroad, you are allowed to vote by Absentee Ballot in primary, run-off, and special elections that occur throughout the year, as well as the general elections.  You can get some information from the U.S. Department of State website here, but the official U.S. Government website for overseas absentee voting assistance is the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) website:  “Your ‘legal state of residence’ for voting purposes is the state where you last resided immediately prior to departure from the United States.”  To find out specific rules & deadlines for your state click here.  A U.S. citizen living abroad only need fill out a Federal Post Card Application Form (SF-76) to request an absentee ballot.

< go back


Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: