Our next gathering will be Monday November 2nd at 7:30pm at Allison Aernie’s home (Urquhart Rd). At this meeting we will be putting together shoe boxes full of goodies for Operation Christmas Child.
Here is some info from the website, although please make sure to actually take a look at the website for other helpful information.
What is Operation Christmas Child?
This annual project enables caring individuals, families, schools, churches, businesses, and other organisations to fill ordinary shoe boxes with small toys, school supplies, sweets, and other gifts for needy children around the world. Operation Christmas Child sends a message of hope to children in need around the world through gift-filled shoe boxes. Operation Christmas Child is the world’s largest children’s Christmas project. Since 1990 the project has brought the joy of Christmas to more than 60 million boys and girls throughout the world.
All items should be new. Please include items from each category.Remember to make your box both FUN and EDUCATIONAL!
- TOYS – something to love. Bear, soft toy, tennis ball, finger puppet, jigsaw, yo-yo, building blocks, small musical instrument, (for boys – trucks and cars, for girls – doll, clip-on earrings, make-up or hair accessories) etc.
- EDUCATIONAL SUPPLIES – something to do. Felt pens, pens, pencils, pencil sharpener, rubber, colouring book,notepad, picture/puzzle book, chalk, pencil case, stickers etc.
- HYGIENE ITEMS – something to use. Toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, comb, hair clips, bar of wrapped soap, flannel etc.
- OTHER ITEMS – something to eat or wear. Sweets (sell-by date to be at least March of following year), gloves, scarf. sunglasses, cap, hat, bangles, necklaces etc.
- £2.50 is to be included with each box to cover transport and distribution
In addition to the things mentioned above and on the website, please also bring if you have them:
- extra shoe boxes
- wrapping paper
If this will be your first meeting, please do not feel like you need to bring anything along. We would just be happy to meet you!
If anyone has any questions or need directions, please feel free to call Allison Merrick at 08453 268919.
Hope to see you there!